What to do if you have a worry?
Lots of things can make us worry and worrying is normal.
Here are some ideas about things that can help:
Talk to Someone
- If you've got a worry going around in your head tell an adult you trust, this could be a parent, relative or someone at school.
- You can contact Childline free on 0800 1111 and talk to them about anything.
'No problem is too big or too small'
- If you have lots of worries it can help to plan a time everyday to check in and talk about any worries you have.
- Sometimes we can worry about things we don't need to or we might not be sure what is happening.
- If you aren't sure about something, ask your grown-up for help; even if your grown-up doesn't know the answer it might help to get it out of your head!
Keep Busy, Keep Active
- Sometimes doing something fun or something that keeps your body and mind busy can help - colouring, playing a game, going for a ride on your bike or listening to a song that makes your happy.
- This is thinking about what is happening right here and right now and focusing on keeping your body and mind calm - try doing a body scan.