Hand in Hand with Jesus Christ, We Live, Love and Learn Together
As a Catholic Primary School our mission is to provide a living and worshipping community enabling both parents and children to enter into the full life of the Church, to supply the needs of the whole child, body and soul, temporal and spiritual.
The fundamental aim of St Edmund Campion Catholic Primary Academy is to enable each child to develop an awareness of his/her dignity and uniqueness as a human being, created in God’s image, out of love, and for love, and to look upon others in the same light.
This is achieved by:
- Striving to develop the faith of each individual in the school community.
- Making prayer, worship, sacramental preparation and the liturgy valued experiences.
- Developing real links with home and parish.
- Developing an awareness of the wider community.
- Creating good relationships with those children and adults involved in the school.
- Ensuring that the curriculum is appropriate to the needs of the children and is based on attitudes and values found within the Gospels.
These fundamental aims should be so integrated into the learning process that their subtle presence will form the very atmosphere of the school.
Our Mission Prayer
May all the children
In the world
Share friendship and live
In the peace
Of God’s love
Now and forever
The British values include:
- Respect for law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual Respect and Tolerance
Children at St Edmund Campion are encouraged to have a voice. Opportunities to vote for school and class representatives are available to the children and the opinions of all are valued and welcomed. The children are encouraged to understand the civic duty and responsiblity associated with casting a vote.
These are all embedded through the teachings of the Gospels which are woven through all aspects of the curriculum and school life. Respect for law and order begins as the children enter the school and respect themselves, each other, the property of the school, their place in it and that of the wider community.